You are going to have a lot of fun figuring things out with these guys.
There is a couple of things that you should know about elephants!
1) The cost is pretty high. Instead of the basic 1/3 rule on total life+strength, I went ahead and made it 1/2 the total.
2) They are a dime a dozen. Each card released today is a common card. That means that you may have five of each card in your draw pile.
3) Each Elephant has two sub-categories. So, anything affecting an animal, affects an elephant.
4) Elephants are NOT mounts. Mounts is another sub-category.
5) They need training! Without a Mahout (an elephant trainer) you can pretty much do nothing with them except hide behind them. Here are some finer points:
A) When they are attacked in the Warcamp without a Mahout, their counter attack is 1/2
of their Strength (rounded down)... So the Armor Plated Bull instead of being a 13, would be a 6.
B) They cannot leave the Warcamp without a Mahout in the Warcamp
C) When there is an Elephant in play, Mahouts are always free to play
D) You may band a Mahout to an Elephant, but once he leaves into the Battlefield, there is no
longer a Mahout in the Warcamp for your other Elephants.
6) Resources needed are:
A) Maurya Empire - Indian Rice
B) Achaemenid Persia - Daric
C) Phoenician Carthage - Mediterranean Agriculture
7) Remember, you can always trade silver for these resources.
8) Two new abilities have been introduced: Stomp and Ram. See the cards for more details.
9) I have updated the Glossary on: Elephant, Mahout, Animal, Stomp, Ram, and Absorb and Helper Icon.
There are more elephant things, ideas and cards to come!